Purchasing & Receiving Clerk Job
Purchasing & Receiving Clerk
June 23, 2015 |
Purchasing and Receiving Clerk
ECU Corporation, a special equipment manufacturer based in Sycamore Township, is seeking a Purchasing & Receiving Clerk. This position is to provide routine and non-routine Purchasing and Receiving services to the organization. The position is responsible for quoting, purchasing and receiving materials, parts, supplies and equipment for the organization. These tasks must be completed in a timely and cost effective manner, while maintaining appropriate quality standards.
Position Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Evaluate preferred vendor lists and identify new supply sources, as needed
- Negotiate pricing of component parts
- Secure competitive quotes from multiple vendors on a job by job basis
- Prepare purchase orders, including verifying approval and scheduling deliveries
- Place purchase orders with vendors through ECU Corporation's processing system
- Review and contact vendors in regards to status of orders
- Track and monitor purchase orders, keeping informed of any problems/delays. Communicate any impacts/constraints to appropriate department.
- Receiving duties: Physical inventory of deliveries
- Receiving duties: Audit of items received against packing slips, purchase orders and internal RFP's
- Receiving duties: Release audited deliveries to appropriate department
- Data entry of order receipts into ECU Corporation processing system
- Arrange for disposal, storage or return of surplus materials
- Process vendor returns, including receipt of RMA documentation and preparation of items for shipment.
- Perform daily reporting
- Maintain computerized or hard copy procurement records, such as items, purchases, costs, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories.
- Establishes and monitor Purchasing policies and procedures
- Monitors and communicates quality and delivery performance issues pertaining to suppliers, users and others, to determine source of issue and determine resolution
- Contribute to the performance of the company by lowering material cost and improving supply quality at all levels.
- Work closely with suppliers to assure a positive and professional relationship, always establishing and maintaining open lines of communication.
- Provide backup coverage for other members of administrative team
- Performs other tasks, as assigned.
- 2-5+ years related experience
- Ability to multi-task on a consistent basis
- Ability to maintain organization in a high volume processing department
- Ability to perform scheduled and non-scheduled tasks in which tasks are time sensitive
- Ability and willingness to deliver high volume, highly accurate work product in a timely, organized, detailed and effective manner
- Ability to read and interpret documents and carry out instructions in written, oral and diagram form.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems involving several concrete variables in standard and non-standard situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively/efficiently manage vendors.
- Proficiency in spreadsheets, work processing applications such as Microsoft Office.
Please submit resume and salary requirements to Mary Jo Kubicki at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 513.898.9312.